If you haven't noticed, Alyssa is not very interested in sports. Still, I wanted her to have some kind of extra-curricular activity. So this year she joined Daisies and, so far, it has been her favorite. At this age they don't really do too much at each meeting except read a story, do a craft and have a snack; but with her artsy, creativity it is right up her alley.
There are only eight little girls in her troop so we just rotated who hosted the meetings. It has actually been kind of fun for me to get to know some of the moms as well. Our day to host was the last meeting of the school year and happened to be the day before her birthday. She was so excited to have people over I thought she was going to burst. Since it was nearing the end of the year we were missing some girls, but here the majority of the troop. From left to right: Megan (Alyssa's best friend), Alyssa, Alexandra (her other best friend), Lauren, Abigail and Jenny.
And, with their troop leaders...
This was the snack I made since several girls had their birthdays in the summer. I just made gf cupcakes with white icing, and then I cut marshmallows and used m&m's to make the daisies on top...daisies for our Daisies ;) Super easy and the kids loved them!!
She has another year of Daisies and then she will graduate to a 'Brownie'. That is when they sell the famous cookies. Although, now that we are gluten free I don't know what I will do about Thin Mints...or any for that matter. None of them are gluten free. Maybe that can be our mission as a troop...to advocate for a gluten free/allergen free cookie ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment