Thursday, August 4, 2011

Irish Fest 5k

Kelley asked me if I would run in the 5k with her as practice for the half marathon coming up in October.  Since I have never run a 5k or been in an official race since High school, I agreed.  Even though I ran 4 miles last Saturday, I was really nervous for it.  My body does not like running...but I made it!

Official running buddies before the race...
After the finish with our hard earned medals!
I finished the 3.1 miles in 36:06 minutes...or about an 11'30'' mile pace.  Not  my fastest, but not bad considering half the course was uphill in the direct sun and my hip started hurting with almost a mile to go.  It was a great experience and I am slightly more confident for the half now.  Although I don't know why, because it is more than 4x's that long!!  Gotta keep training...I am up to 5 miles tomorrow!   Thanks for torturing inviting me, Kelley!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...